- Do I need this TV to increase my joy in Heaven?
- In what way will this TV increase my personal holiness?
- How can this TV glorify God according to 1 Cor. 10:31 “…do all to the glory of God.”?
- If I didn’t have this TV would it any way inhibit my growth into the image of Christ?
- Will this TV encourage any of the Fruits of the Spirit or the Beatitudes in my life?
- Will owning this TV in any way encourage a revival?
- Does the TV in general commonly create cultural moods and temptations that are antithetical to revival?
Children and Society
- Will this TV have any positive effect on raising my children in the instruction and discipline of the Lord?
- Does TV tend to create a youth culture that would be harmful to the maturity and spiritual discipline of my children?
- Do children tend to consume TV without self-control?
- If every house in the country got rid of their TV’s would the positive effects be greater than the negative?
- Will this TV probably tempt me to lay idle longer than I should?
- Will this TV probably tempt me to see provocative displays of others’ bodies?
- Will this TV probably tempt me to enjoy murder, violence, and bloodshed?
- Will this TV probably tempt me to overlook the profaning of the Lord, His ways, and His name for the sake of my personal entertainment?
- Will this TV probably tempt me to covet what God has not given me?
- Will this TV tend to strengthen my mind?
- Do TV shows tend to make my mind sharper, more able to follow extended arguments?
- Will this TV encourage me to read good books?
- Will this TV perform any service for me except entertainment?
- Is there any motive active in my heart to purchase this TV other than my personal desire for entertainment?