One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Multiculturalism, Part 5: Directions for Dealing with the Influence of False Religion
- Multiculturalism, Part 4: Is It a Sin to Learn About False Religions?
- Multiculturalism, Part 3: God’s Evaluation of the Cultures of the World
- Multiculturalism, Part 2: What Is the Source of Culture?
- Multiculturalism, Part 1: The Prophet Jeremiah on the Cultures of the World
Tag Archives: Isaac Watts
Oh, how I hate those lusts of mine That crucified my God! Those sins that pierced and nail’d his flesh Fast to the fatal wood! Yes, my Redeemer, they shall die, My heart has so decreed; Nor will I spare … Continue reading
On a chilly morning yesterday, I went to a funeral for the father of a pastor who has been my longest standing African friend. This man was converted while the remainder of his extended family have shown no interest in … Continue reading
What a reproach it is to the profession of the gospel to see a Christian just come from church and holy ordinances where his devout affections have been raised, and immediately to find him breaking out in vain, earthly merriment … Continue reading
Some more high-powered advice from Watts. These come from scattered chapters in The Improvement of the Mind summarized and edited into this list. Talk with people wiser than yourself. Ask people about their specific area of expertise. Listen carefully before … Continue reading
These rules are culled and edited from Isaac Watts’ Logic as well as The Improvement of the Mind. Furnish yourself with a rich variety of ideas through an eager attitude, profitable conversation, and reading good books. Use the most proper … Continue reading